Saturday, August 20, 2011

Quotable Quotes

If you have known me for a long time you know that I have always loved quotations. This love for thought provoking sayings started years ago. I was always the teenager that bought the CD and immediately took it home to read the lyrics! To some the beat and rhythm meant something but to me the words meant more. One of my close friends in high school was the same. I vividly remember buying the Tori Amos Crucify CD, taking it back to her house and pouring over the lyrics. They were not meant to simply listen to or sing. They were meant to understand. Years later I am still the same. I still put emphasis on words. What you say and how you say it. Hubs thinks I simply over analyze but not to me. To me I understand. Many people do not take enough time to understand virtually anything. Words are trivial. The concept of say what you mean and mean what you say is lost on them. Then there are the other people that are scared to speak. They are scared because they know that their words mean nothing. Words are more powerful than anything in this world. Words can elate or they can damage. For some, they can do both at the same time. Far too few people understand the power of their words (or lack there of). They do not quite understand that their own words may create a fire or may calm one in an instant. In elementary school I began memorizing quotes and poems. At the time I could not understand why. I was just ill that I had to! In high school (my freshman year in particular) one of my professors (at JC they were just that!) wrote quotes on the board every day. For every one you could quote on your test you earned bonus points. Once again I was memorizing quotes. Lucky for me I liked it! Quotations are beneficial. Few words with such meaning. Far too few people read and understand. As a matter of fact, there are a few in my world that it seems do not understand simple words much less a meaningful quote! At any rate, tonight I have been reading some quotes online. I came across quite a few that are more true than some may ever realize!

* You know my name...not my story.

* Love me or hate me...either way...I am on your mind! (Reminds me of some!)

* Never hate those who are jealous of you but respect their jealousy because they are the ones who think you are better than them.

* You only talk about me because you are not worthy to talk to me.

* I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you are afraid. ~ John Gotti

* We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger. ~Tad Williams

* Much of your pain is self chosen
~Kahlil Gibran

* Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through
them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
~Voltaire


* "Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although
Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it
which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

* Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible. ~St.
Augustine


*My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy. ~William Shakespeare


0 comments: