Monday, September 21, 2009

Thrifty Finds!


If you know me you know that I love the thrift store!  This is my favorite place to shop.  You never know what you may find in there.  It is a place where your imagination can just run free.  You can see possibilities that you otherwise may not have thought of.  Wonder about the story on a particular item.  Think that someone had to have been cuckoo for wearing that sweater!  It is a remarkable place where there are some pretty fabulous finds to be had.  I have been a thrift store aficionado for a few years now.  It has helped be pack my closet let me tell you!  When I had LitlBit my thrifting just intensified.  There are so many great clothing items that I have found!  When LitlBit and I go I always ask her what she is looking for.  Usually it is a pony or mermaid or princess.  Then we are off on our journey!  Her clothes, then mine, then the porcelain wares, then toys and books.  We have a very set pattern for our thrifting!  I look by color in my clothes.  By nature I buy clothes in the neutral pallet.  So, I only look for those colors.  From that I look at material.  These are two quick eye tests.  If something does not pass both tests I don't pick it up.  Toys, well, it has to be washable and workable.  This is a bit challenging when it comes to toys.  But LitlBit has scored some finds!

This past weekend I went for a quick trip.  In my thirty-minute journey I scored;

* A pair of 7 jeans for $2.88
* A Banana Republic silk shirt (I don't think it has been worn) for $3.88
* A pair of Banana Republic wide legged pants Can be dressed up or down.
           Matches the shirt found perfectly for $1.96

My thirty minute jaunt cost me $8.72.  All items were like new condition.  These three items would have easily cost a person$150 retail.  Since I love the whole concept of thrifting I am going to start to post some of my finds.  Thrifting Thursdays!  Every Thursdays I am going to post a few of my favorite finds and hope that some of you do to!  Everyone talking about going green...well in my opinion shopping regularly at the thrift is the ultimate going green!  How can you do any better than recycling clothes/toys/household items/books etc.?  Stay tuned to my first Thrifting Thursday this week.  Scour your closet.  What are some of your thrift store finds?

0 comments: