Thursday, March 17, 2011

Oh Na Na...What's My Name?

Oak Mtn 1Have you ever had one of those weeks where you are not sure who or what you really are? I mean, not a schizophrenic week or anything! But rather, one where passive aggressive becomes your first language? This is my week! I sincerely think I have a billion names this week! Pertinent questions from husband, daughter, parent(add an "s" to that to include all versions of), coworkers, students, faculty, non-profits I chair, truck dealership (ok, they did not ask me anything but they did my husband so I count it since I was affected), car dealership, a/c repairman (once again...indirectly but it certainly involves me!), tire place (well that joy starts tomorrow morning)...I do believe that I have been asked important questions from everyone I have come in contact with all in one week! What tires to buy? Where to repair the car? How much? How long? What is wrong with the truck? How much??? No seriously...THAT much? What is wrong with the a/c? Who to call? Again...HOW much?? Can LitlBit play? Can LitlBit play? (note...two doorbell rings in one hour by other children). Mommy can I go outside to play? What letter for what student? Ok, not even beginning on the work questions and organizations I am involved in! It has been a week in which I feel like I am the only person that some feel as though they can ask of. Mind you...love being that counted on! BUT, there comes a time that I wish people could care less and not count on! In the mail today I received 3 envelopes. In the short 60 seconds it took to open all three I now have the next 3 Saturdays with agenda items! WOW is all that I can say! What makes me laugh is some people who are so busy. They have no idea! They have no children! Just them and their significant other. But they are oh so busy! They seem to think that they are the only people in the world with items on their calendar. Someone I know described them best...they are the bloops. They likened these people to a Mario game. Every time that you jump up etc. the game "bloops". So, these people that always manage to have it one step worse or more than you are the bloops. Bloops are not the type of people I tend to get along with at all. Bloops take too much time to take care of in my opinion. As my same friend put it...there are some that are gardeners and some that are flowers. Bloops are definitely orchids of the flower world. They are hard to take care of for me! Hard to manage. Dwindle at the least sign of not putting them as top priority (along with "all" of their problems and so full calendars that they just can't seem to pencil anyone in). Yep, bloops bug me. Dealing with bloops with a week of bleeps has been one blah week! In an effort to ignore and breathe LitlBit and I went to the park today to play with the horses. We had fun. Playing with horses, running through the honeybee filled grassy knoll, playing soccer with a princess bouncy ball and topping it by LitlBit riding a horse. All of the bleepin' bloops escaped my mind. I could have easily laid down in the grass and taken a nice, relaxing and peaceful nap! Hearing absolutely nothing but the whinney of a horse was nice. Nobody explaining how they needed something, expected something, wanted something...nobody getting frustrated because you don't do what they think is the thing to do. It was nice. The hustle and bustle of life went on...but for those brief moments the buzzing of bees and whinney of a horse was the most I heard. That was a small piece of heaven!

0 comments: